Current vacancy – Commercial Team Support Assistant
***We are no longer taking applications for this position***
About the role
We are looking for a support assistant for our commercial team, to be responsible for administrative duties and assisting the sales department in several areas.
To thrive in this role, you should have impeccable attention to detail, great organisational skills, and have the kind of personality that knows what assistance everyone in the team needs (for example, knowing who struggles to remember to book a meeting room).
You should also demonstrate excellent interpersonal, communication, and customer service skills.
Knowledge of sales ledger is important and previous experience with Xero would be beneficial.
Our culture is very much about autonomy, being treated like an adult, having a say in how we do things and generally just being yourself. If you strive on a rigid management structure then we’re probably not what you need in an employer.
Whilst we’re a very tech-focused company, this role requires no in-depth technical knowledge or experience in our industry sector although a general interest in what we do would obviously be an advantage.
Have a look at the about us section of our website to find out more.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Being responsible for logging sales as contracts are signed, ensuring the financial and sale data is logged accurately.
- Creating and updating customer details in our internal systems.
- Raising invoices, liaising with customers about account queries and chasing overdue balances (or escalating them to a director if they become a concern).
- Creating checklists in our customer onboarding system to ensure all steps are completed. Chasing up relevant staff in the commercial team if their tasks are falling behind.
- Answering inbound calls (along with the rest of the commercial team) and passing them to the appropriate people.
- Ownership of internal project management reporting tools to ensure they are kept up-to-date.
- Exporting reports from our time management system for customers.
- Generally assisting the commercial team to allow them to focus on their primary roles. Let’s be honest, sales people aren’t known for their attention to detail.
Working hours etc
- We’re based in the Northern Quarter in Manchester. Obviously, at the moment our office is mainly empty and we’re very much geared up towards remote working. We’re also very flexible about working hours; essentially if you’re doing your job that’s all we care about. That said, we need staff to be available in general office hours but have no set start/finish times.
- We’re a remote-first company, meaning that we’re geared up to staff working remotely if that suits them, equally the majority of our commercial team tend to prefer working from the office.
Perks and benefits of working with us
- Working for a company that values its staff, treats them like adults and with respect and trust, and gives them a real say in the direction of the company.
- 36 holiday days a year (inc bank holidays).
- Pension contributions.
- Funded AWS (and others) training and certifications.
- A MacBook Pro and big display.
- Working from our fantastic offices in the top floor of a mill building in the Northern Quarter.
- Hundreds of additional perks through Perkbox.
Competitive; based on level of experience and suitability to the role.
As part of our ISO27001 certification due to the sensitive nature of customer data that we handle, all employees are screened with a basic DBS check.
How to apply
Email us at hello[at]steamhaus.co.uk with a CV and covering email.