Current vacancy – Senior Solutions Architect
A little about us
Steamhaus is a Manchester-based cloud and DevOps consultancy. We work with startups, digital and creative agencies, online retailers, and high traffic websites who need excellent technical expertise and first class customer service.
We’re a team of highly technical engineers, whose purpose is to help customers adopt and harness the power of public cloud. At any one time, our teams are delivering multiple new customer projects whilst supporting a wide range of existing production platforms.
If you enjoy tackling technically challenging projects, evangelising the latest cloud & DevOps technologies, and can keep a cool head working under pressure then we can provide an equally challenging and rewarding environment for you.
In your role, you will work alongside other Senior Architects and the Technical Director, furthering Steamhaus’ position as the North West’s leading AWS consulting partner.
You will work both on-site and remotely with customers, evangelising cloud trends and best practices, educating on the value proposition of AWS and designing solutions inline with the principles of the Well-Architected Framework.
You will lead and mentor a team of Solutions Architects, ensuring successful delivery of cloud transformation projects, owning the technical engagement with the customer from pre-sales and solution design, to the planning, implementation and roll out of their platform.
Alongside this, you will strive to improve the efficiency of project delivery through the introduction of automation, tooling and new processes as well as contribute to our long-term technical and commercial roadmap.
- Work with customers in a pre-sales capacity, understanding their business requirements and translating them into technical designs.
- Oversee the delivery of customer projects, leading a team of Solutions Architects.
- Provide technical leadership and escalation assistance to a team of Site Reliability Engineers.
- Diagnose failures quickly under pressure to provide timely resolution.
- On-call escalation duties.
AWS, Lambda, Kubernetes, ECS, Terraform, Packer, Helm, Jenkins, Puppet, Grafana, Prometheus, ElasticSearch, Aurora, Kinesis, DynamoDB, ElastiCache, KMS, SSM, IAM.
Key skills / experience
- Extensive AWS / Cloud architecture experience, inc AWS Pro certifications
- DevOps tooling (Puppet, Terraform, Packer, Jenkins, Grafana)
- Serverless Framework and containerisation (ECS & Kubernetes advantageous)
- Experience working on high-traffic platforms and in an agile environment.
- Excellent communication skills & ability to work on several work streams with excellent time management.
- A positive, constructive approach with an emphasis on collaboration.
- Working for a company that values its staff, treats them like adults and with respect and trust, and gives them a real say in the direction of the company.
- 36 days a year of holiday (inc bank holidays).
- Opportunity to join our employee share trust and own equity in the company.
- Flexible working arrangements including ability to work from home when it’s best for you.
- Pension contributions matching your own.
- Funded AWS (and others) training and certifications.
- A MacBook Pro and big display.
- Working from our fantastic offices in the top floor of a mill building in the Northern Quarter.
- Hundreds of additional perks through Perkbox.
Salary: Top of market.
How to apply
email us at hello[at]steamhaus.co.uk with a CV and covering email.