Current vacancy – Site Reliability Engineer
A little about us
Steamhaus is a Manchester-based cloud and DevOps consultancy. We work with startups, digital and creative agencies, online retailers, and high traffic websites who need excellent technical expertise and first class customer service.
We’re a team of highly technical engineers, whose purpose is to help customers adopt and harness the power of public cloud. At any one time, our teams are delivering multiple new customer projects whilst supporting a wide range of existing production platforms.
If you enjoy tackling technically challenging projects, evangelising the latest cloud & DevOps technologies, and can keep a cool head working under pressure then we can provide an equally challenging and rewarding environment for you.
In this role, you will be responsible for the availability, latency and performance of our customer’s platforms.
You will work proactively to identify areas for improvement, implementing automation, DevOps tooling and observability to reduce the impact of failure, provide scale and improved cost efficiency.
You will triage monitoring events and service desk requests, following a well defined incident response process and provide guidance and expertise to customers in a clear, calm and concise manner.
Finally, you will work under the guidance and mentoring of our Solutions Architects to undertake cloud infrastructure and transformation projects in-line with Well-Architected principals.
- Continually evaluate customer platforms and identify areas for improvement.
- Build reliable and sustainable observability into our customer’s environments.
- Provide expertise and guidance to customers through service desk and phone.
- Triage problems through an established incident response process.
- Implement corrective and preventative measures in response to incidents.
- Act as a mentor to new team members.
- On-call duties.
AWS, Lambda, Kubernetes, ECS, Terraform, Packer, Helm, Jenkins, Puppet, Grafana, Prometheus, ElasticSearch, Aurora, Kinesis, DynamoDB, ElastiCache, KMS, SSM, IAM.
Key skills / experience
- Solid Linux experience.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to work on several work streams with excellent time management.
- A positive, constructive approach with an emphasis on collaboration.
- Enthusiastic and eager to learn new skills, technologies and gain industry recognised certifications.
- Working for a company that values its staff, treats them like adults and with respect and trust, and gives them a real say in the direction of the company.
- 36 days a year of holiday (inc bank holidays).
- Opportunity to join our employee share trust and own equity in the company.
- Flexible working arrangements including ability to work from home when it’s best for you.
- Pension contributions matching your own.
- Funded AWS (and others) training and certifications.
- A MacBook Pro and big display.
- Working from our fantastic offices in the top floor of a mill building in the Northern Quarter.
- Hundreds of additional perks through Perkbox.
How to apply
email us at hello[at]steamhaus.co.uk with a CV and covering email.