Current vacancy – Solutions Architect
A little about us
Steamhaus is a Manchester-based cloud and DevOps consultancy. We work with startups, digital and creative agencies, online retailers, and high traffic websites who need excellent technical expertise and first class customer service.
We’re a team of highly technical engineers, whose purpose is to help customers adopt and harness the power of public cloud. At any one time, our teams are delivering multiple new customer projects whilst supporting a wide range of existing production platforms.
If you enjoy tackling technically challenging projects, evangelising the latest cloud & DevOps technologies, and can keep a cool head working under pressure then we can provide an equally challenging and rewarding environment for you.
In your role, you will work under the guidance of the Senior Solutions Architects to deliver cloud transformation projects for our customers. You will own the day-to-day technical engagement, communicating regularly and concisely with project stakeholders and be responsible for the projects ultimate success.
You will work independently, or as part of a team as dictated by the scale of a project. You will implement cloud infrastructure inline with Well-Architected principles, following platform design documents and an agile project methodology.
You will have a keen interest in the latest cloud & DevOps trends, and a desire to continually improve your skills and experience, both through mentorship from Senior Solutions Architects and funded AWS training and certifications.
Finally, you will provide assistance to the Site Reliability Engineer team in response to customer platform availability issues, working quickly to identify root causes and propose remediation work via an established incident response process.
- Build cloud platforms from design documents inline with Well-Architected principles.
- Work from an agile project backlog of Cloud & DevOps infrastructure tooling tasks.
- Perform load testing and performance analysis on customer environments.
- Plan & action zero-downtime migrations from legacy infrastructure.
- Communicate with project stakeholders in a clear, calm and concise manner.
- Diagnose failures quickly under pressure to provide timely resolution.
- On-call duties.
AWS, Lambda, Kubernetes, ECS, Terraform, Packer, Helm, Jenkins, Puppet, Grafana, Prometheus, ElasticSearch, Aurora, Kinesis, DynamoDB, ElastiCache, KMS, SSM, IAM.
Key skills / experience
- AWS / Cloud architecture experience. AWS certifications advantageous
- DevOps tooling (Puppet, Terraform, Packer, Jenkins, Grafana)
- Excellent communication skills & ability to work on several work streams with excellent time management.
- A positive, constructive approach with an emphasis on collaboration.
- Working for a company that values its staff, treats them like adults and with respect and trust, and gives them a real say in the direction of the company.
- 36 days a year of holiday (inc bank holidays).
- Opportunity to join our employee share trust and own equity in the company.
- Flexible working arrangements including ability to work from home when it’s best for you.
- Pension contributions matching your own.
- Funded AWS (and others) training and certifications.
- A MacBook Pro and big display.
- Working from our fantastic offices in the top floor of a mill building in the Northern Quarter.
- Hundreds of additional perks through Perkbox.
How to apply
email us at hello[at]steamhaus.co.uk with a CV and covering email.