Careers at Steamhaus
So you're interested in a career in the cloud?
Below our list of reasons to want to, and to not want to, work at Steamhaus, there's a list of any current vacancies. Click the link to go to more information about the role, and find information about how to apply.
If you want to send in your CV proactively, please do so by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. We’ll get back in touch with you when there’s something suitable, or if we think you’re truly remarkable, we’ll probably ask to meet you for a coffee to find out more.
Please - no sales calls from recruitment agencies.
If you are a recruiter, see our recruiters page.
Reasons to not want to work for Steamhaus
You don't get desk drawers.SH.C S01.19.86.47
The lift may or may not make it all the way to our floor.SH.C S02.57.78.96
You're worried about working somewhere that sounds like a German sauna.SH.C S03.68.21.50
You’ll never have any money because of working in the Northern Quarter, with the allure of all its hipster bars and coffee shops.SH.C S04.97.98.83
You don’t want to work for a startup where there isn’t a set of rigid rules or hierarchy.SH.C S05.13.22.47
You're scared of our office dog, Poppy.SH.C S06.85.70.4
Reasons to want to work for Steamhaus
You’ll get to work for a fantastic, future-embracing cloud consultancy that values all its staff, not just the sales staff.SH.C S07.95.95.89
You’ll get to work in our fantastic offices in the top floor of a mill building in the Northern Quarter, with all the hipster bars and coffee shops you could ever want right on our doorstep.SH.C S08.33.45.58
You’ll get to work for a company that genuinely believes in empowering and looking after their staff.SH.C S09.84.0.31
You’ll get an actual say in how the company is run, and participate in mapping out our direction.SH.C S10.68.36.31
When things get stressful, you get to stroke Poppy, our office dog.SH.C S126.96.36.199
After your first year of service, you’ll get equity in the company.SH.C S188.8.131.52
You get 36 days a year of holiday, and we actively insist that you take it. We’ll even lock you out of your accounts if you try to pick up your emails when you’re on holiday too.SH.C S184.108.40.206
We’re fully transparent - you’ll get to see how we’re doing financially and technically every month; we don’t hide our financial figures from staff.SH.C S220.127.116.11
DevOps Cloud ArchitectLooking for prospective candidates
We're on the lookout for DevOps experienced cloud architects to grow our technical team here in Manchester.
At Steamhaus we design, build, monitor and maintain highly available cloud-based hosting solutions that are fast, scalable and cost-effective.
We work with digital and creative agencies, online retailers, app developers and content publishers and provide excellent technical expertise and first-class customer service.
As a DevOps Cloud Architect at Steamhaus, you’ll get to:
- Work with customers in a consultancy environment, providing expertise and guidance.
- Be responsible for the design and implementation of a customer’s public cloud (AWS/GCP/Azure) infrastructure using the latest and greatest technologies and tools.
- Work for a fantastic, future-embracing cloud consultancy that values all its staff, not just the sales staff.
To apply for this role you’ll need the following characteristics and experience:
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work well as part of a small team. We’re only looking for team players here.
- Experience working in a customer-facing services company, e.g. managed hosting or consultancy. Ability to communicate with customers and context-switch between multiple projects.
- A commitment to delivering excellent customer service at all times.
- A sysadmin background is pretty important as it underpins a lot of the work we do at Steamhaus and is an important foundation for the more advanced stuff you’ll be working on.
Experience we’re looking for – all are not essential but the ideal candidate will have a broad experience with as many of these areas as possible:
- Working with public cloud (AWS, GCP, Azure, OpenStack) and PaaS (Docker, Kubernetes, CloudFoundry, OpenShift). Experience with other virtualisation technologies (VMware, KVM, Xen) is also helpful.
- Administering and optimising a range of application, caching, web, database and message queueing servers (Ruby/PHP/Python, Varnish, Nginx/Apache, MySQL/PostgreSQL, RabbitMQ/ZeroMQ, etc)
- Infrastructure orchestration and configuration management tools (Terraform, CloudFormation, Puppet, Ansible)
- Implementation of DevOps methodologies, specifically Continuous testing, deployment and delivery pipelines and toolsets (Jenkins)
- A knowledge of scripting and programming languages (Ruby, Python, GoLang)
In return you’ll get:
- All the benefits listed at the top of this page.
If you think we’ll be right for each other, get in touch so we can meet up for a coffee and a chat.
Contact us for salary information.Apply Now